- Adjusted rear tailgate latches. Had been only latching on one side. The electric rear glass has got issues. Took some good jumpering to get window down and some pushing to get it back up again.
- Bought whole pile of replacement door gaskets.
- Bought everything needed to get tailgate working.
- Bought other stuff.
- Took awning off the passenger side of roof rack (threw in yard… you’re welcome neighbors). Noticed many holes in roof, mostly from removal of stock roof rack. Many (but not all) of holes are covered in what looks like clear flex-seal tape (neat move). Need to figure out what to do with all the other holes.
- Installed replacement seatbelt bolt (7/16″-20) on passenger side. Should aid in passing safety inspection, scheduled for Monday.
- Drivers side headlight retention ring had two of the three tabs broken off. The tabs weren’t damaged at all. Looks like someone used the world’s weakest spot welder to connect to the stainless ring. I spot welded the two welds back on with TIG welder. Drilled #52 holes (smallest bit my cordless drill would hold… don’t ask why I used a cordless drill) in the tabs. Tacked them on using 25 amps on the TIG welder.
I’m looking at upgrading my Holley EFI system to include the Hyperspark ignition system so that the ECU can control the ignition timing. Better idle control and more efficient overall. The only issue I’ve had Read more…